Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Band!

We were suppose to go back to the shop to get our wedding band on Sunday, but due to my fever we did not manage too. So, we postponed it to yesterday. After work, we drove down to Pyramid to get our wedding band before photoshoot.

Places we went for ring survey:
Habib Jewel
My Diamond (a branch of Tomei)
Love & co (a brance of Suki...if i spelled it correctly)
Diamond and platinum
SK
Wah Chan

Theen Kin also went about to survey for rings while he was on his training trip to Singapore.

After much survey, Theen Kin found that wedding bands in Singapore are much cheaper than Malaysia when they had sales. He can practically find bands below RM1000 a pair from a pretty good brand (where the branch here are selling for RM2000++++++++).

Research :
There are few types of material - 9k white gold(lowest grade) - 18K white gold (medium grade but most recommended) - 24k white gold (which is know as platinum)

If you are searching for something really sophisticated and yet simple, go for love and Co or SK if you have the cash. They cost about RM2500 and above. They do have comfort fit range where they ring fits comfortably on your hand.
If you are going for budget style, Poh Kong will be just nice. We did not manage to go PYT in SS2 but then they have a 80% sale right now.
Habib did not have a wide range of choices but the price are still ok. I think they are having sales this month too...
My diamond... We could not find anything nice there... but then they have larger range of choice compare to Habib.
So Wah Chan, Wah Chan wedding band is on net price... so there is no discount. However, they are having 70% discount for diamond rings! So THOSE WHO WANTS TO PROPOSE! This is the best time to get the ring! For less than a thaosand...I think RM800++ you can get a nice diamond ring already! GO!

After, all the comparing and thinking, Theen Kin fell in love with Wah Chan. So we went back Wah Chan to get our band. So, we did not get the matching band (net price) on displayed because we could not find something that fit us nicely. When a ring fit me nicely, the male ring is too feminine for Theen Kin. When the ring fits Him nicely...it is so not right for me. But the due to our tight budget, we some how manage to choose something fit me ok and not too fiminine for him... But then the story went upside down when Theen Kin surprise me with second option... He decided to get the band type of diamond ring and a more musculine ring for himself. So he is the man with cash ( i mean he is paying), words could not come out of me besides saying 'U know it is very expensive.. i think i like that normal ones ok.' I was stunt... Some different side of him totally! Serious..totally! All pass through my mind for a moment is like...are u serious...this is like mad! The ring is really beautiful and the width fitted nicely on me. I think my fever just went away but my sorethroat was there to keep me from screaming! Ah well, Yes! We get the nice ring we both happy with. And due to a money type of guy..we got our band for less than RM2000....hehehe U can say less than RM1600 also.. Haha.. We have to tighten our honeymoon now! One reason Theen Kin gave me on this..."we must as well buy someting we like rather than something we don't really like.. because this is our wedding ring.." Owh.... tear tear...

No comments:

Post a Comment