Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Unforgettable

A night full of joy and laughter filled the atmosphere. Putting aside the hiccups of preparation, two families were bought together in different culture and ways of celebration with gladness and weirdness. With abundance of blessings from family and friends, we felt so much love around us. With this, 20% of stress was deducted from out wedding planning!

Penang Dinner was on the 26th Sept 2009, the eight day of the eight month in the Chinese calendar. All the lovely hard work of preparation was done by my wonderful parents. “Surprises” is one word to describe the outcome.

Let’s begin with dinner dress. Dinner dress was bought by my mom… well, TK and I were speechless while looking at the black dress. The make up artist did not encourage us to wear the dress either and suggest me to wear the other dress. It was not about the colour but it is just the style! Thank God for the red dress from Sarah!

So make up? Well, we did not make appointment till the morning of the event! Awesome! Thank God, we can still book her for make up and hair-do session!

However, lodging and dinner was not a problem at all. My generous dad settles all the lodging and dinner fee in Penang! Awesome! What a blessing!

How was the dinner? We did not know 80% of the guest in the dinner. Therefore, we were just wall paper standing at the entrance and my mom does the hosting! LOL!

The marching in song was awesome! The classical wedding song was played and TK and I laugh our way into the restaurant.

There were no proper walk way…. Hence, we both went up walking separately to our seats… That’s funny too.

The MCEE conduct the dinner in mandarin; hence, I was lost 99% of the time in my dinner!

Eventhough it was a little random, the dinner and celebration was great! Aunties were very happy and it is great to see reconciliation of family members and friends. Many unexpected event happened not for a bad reason but for joy and love. Randomness becomes the unforgettable joyful moments of our wedding in Penang!

Last but not least, thanks to all the help from friends and family- Julian, Timothy and friend for helping us with the photography! Thanks to my sister for helping me side by side! Thanks to my aunties and uncles for support. Thanks to Desmond (godsis) for helping up during the “cham cha” and TK and my family for making this happened!

The joy and excitement ends with good lottery reward for my mom and desmond! HEHE!

1 comment: